Friday, February 21, 2014

2014 and New Beginnings

It has been awhile since my last post. In the meantime, our lives changed forever in a good way. We found out that we were going to be parents. It brought us joy, happiness, and satisfaction. This was something we wanted to experience and we are grateful for the opportunity. 

Then those feelings subsided quickly for me, due to the morning sickness. First three months were hell for me. I had strong food aversion, stomach didn't handle anything, and extremely tired. So in that time, I didn't set foot in the kitchen. My poor husband had to deal with whatever he can make with no heat and smell. I lived on saltines and tea. I couldn't keep my Paleo diet any longer nor I didn't want to. I had to eat whatever I can keep it down at that point, if that was saltines, I had them. I thought this was never going to end and I was going to be miserable for the rest of my pregnancy. Luckily, those aversions went away during second trimester. 

Second trimester is the best so far. I have more energy, huge appetite, less pain and am happier. With these positive changes, I started cooking in my kitchen again. I started slowly and now I am cooking and baking everything I desire. As one can imagine, I am not following Paleo anymore. One day, I will be back but not right now. Some might say, this is the best time to keep practicing but there are so many things I crave, it will be very difficult not to eat them. Let me explain what I included in my diet. I bake bread every day, I bake cakes and breads, make pies, use legumes for soups and stews, make pilafs etc. I need to gain weight and eating carbohydrate rich diet is the only way to do it. I try to be careful what I eat though. I don't go out and eat fast food. I cook and control what I add in my dish. Wouldn't I be happier if I had followed the Paleo? Most likely, yes. Wouldn't it be healthier for the baby? For sure, yes. 

Enough of this self-defense :) I will eat carbs, meats, veggies, and legumes until I change my mind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment