Sunday, April 14, 2013

A New Chapter

Today marks an important chapter in my life. I have decided to start blogging my cooking journey here so when I look back years later, I could see how far or little I've come. I was born and raised in Istanbul, Turkey and moved to USA in 2006 after I met my husband. It was difficult in the beginning to make decent food because we lived in apartments and most of them equipped with old electric ranges which did not help my cooking. I started getting better at cooking when we bought our gas range.

Cooking is/was an ordinary part of daily life in Turkey. People teach their daughters at an early age to cook. Every Turkish woman is a chef who knows how to bake bread, prepare delicious dessert including baklava, sear meat, cook fish properly and so many other things that I cannot count. 

In our house my dad was the cook. He would use different ingredients and create interesting yet delicious meals. I watched him a lot and learned one or two things from him. That is how it started for me. 

I am going to capture the food I am cooking with the information of the origin as some of them will be from Turkish cuisine. I hope this blog will help people out there who want to try delicious, nutritious and different meals. 

Enjoy the journey. 

1 comment:

  1. I can attest to the culinary quality of your recipes, having personally enjoyed them in your home. I look forward to joining you on this journey and expanding my cooking repertoire to include flavors from Turkey via your blog. Great site Isil!

    ReplyDelete